Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Family Tree




After many years of tracking down people for others I decided it is time for me to search for my own ancestors.  I was amazed at how much information I was able to find.  The first night I was able to trace five generations on both my mother's and my father's side of the family.  I found lots of relatives that I didn't know about and now I am thinking about actually going to the cities where they lived and looking up the places where they are buried.  For me searching for people and information is like a treasure hunt and whatever I find is like finding the "golden egg".  I plan to do more work and when I find out what countries my ancestors originated from I would like to visit those places too.  I feel  like I'm finally getting around to doing things on my "bucket list" and plan to put together a nice "family tree" for my kids and grandkids.

If you do not have your family history written down for your kids and grandkids I want to encourage you to do this.  It is a wonderful gift to leave for your family.

Privacy laws protect certain information, but there are many public records available at public libraries, archive libraries, court houses, the internet, and many public offices.  Hiring a professional investigator can save you time and money because they have the knowledge and experience to know how and where to look for information.

No comments:

Post a Comment